You've got to hand it to the Islam apologists, they hold on to their cognitive dissonance to the bitter end: "Islam is a religion of peace", despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Here, for example, is Mustafa Kuko, commenting on the four Muslim charged with planning terrorist acts in the US:
Kuko said he is frustrated whenever Islam is linked with terrorism.Gee, why don't we believe that Islam is a "religion of peace"?
“Sometimes when people see this in the media, people will say, ‘This is Islam,’” he said. “Then they won’t believe what we say when we say Islam is a religion of peace.”
- Maybe because 94% of terrorist acts in the US are by Muslims.
- Maybe because of the underwear bomber, the shoe bomber, the Times Square bomber, the Fort Hood bomber, etc, etc, are all pious Muslims.
- Maybe because other jihad terror plotters such as Adbulhakim Muhammad, Khalid Aldawsari, Baitullah Mehsud and Roshonara Choudhry, among many others, reference Islamic teaching to justify violence against unbelievers.
- Maybe because 98% of religious terrorist organisations, are Islamic.
- Maybe because we see Saudi Arabia -- a Sunni theocracy -- export murderous radical Wahhabi doctrines worldwide.
- Maybe because we see Iran -- a Shia theocracy -- provide weapons to terrorists and try to develop the bomb, to wipe Israel off the map. And Hamas' charter calling for the killing of all Jews. [Article 7].
- Maybe because we see how other Islamic countries -- Pakistan, Sudan, Egypt, Libya -- treat women, homosexuals, apostates and non-Muslim minorities: treatment that ranges from simple suppression to death by stoning.