Wednesday 18 October 2017

Harry's Place » Fathom 18 Out Now!


There's a heap of reading here. I get a lot of value out of this Fathom 18 stuff. I don't mind if it's "biased"; everything in life is. It's the angle one views it from that counts...
I must say some of what passes for scholarly work here seems to me to be glimpses of the obvious. E.g.: that Israel would react positively to a Palestinian shift to peace and recognition. Gee, d'ya think?  A warmed over version of the trope I heard years ago: "if the Palestinians laid down their arms there would be peace. If Israel laid down its arms it would be wiped out"[*]. Nothing in the 20-odd years since I first heard that has changed. 
And why is it that American administrations have to come to " understand" that? Isn't it obvious?
Go on, then, saddle up your own confirmation bias!
************
[*] Later: It was Benjamin Netanyahu and the proper version is:

“If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more ‎violence. If the Jews put ‎down their weapons ‎today, there would be no ‎more Israel'‎”.  (can't find the date)