Monday 1 July 2019

Trump Steps Into North Korea - The Wall Street Journal.



An "unconventional detente". I like that… and I can't help thinking that Trump stepping across the line yesterday at the Korean DMZ into North Korea is a good thing. After all wouldn't we rather have a detente, unconventional or not?

"… an un­con­ven­tional de­tente be­tween the U.S. and North Ko­rea, long­time ad­ver­saries whose lead­ers have struck a per­sonal con­nec­tion. The pre­lude to Sunday's meet­ing was an ex­change of let­ters that Mr. Trump called "beauti­ful" and Mr. Kim de­scribed as "ex­cellent."

PS: I googled "trump North Korea" to get a pic.  You think you'd get the photo of him crossing into the DMZ yesterday. A photo that every media outlet carried. But no, it's some old photos. And so google " trump at DMZ" and I gotta say the selection is the worst of what I saw live yesterday. The one I chose above I had to search for. Even though it was the major picture on the front of the print editions this morning of the New York Times and South China Morning Post.
This straight after we've heard of the determination of google employs to swing the vote against Trump. In short, to hack the election. And YouTube has now taken down the video reporting this.