Wednesday 29 February 2012

Obama son of Islam

I'm not one of those who believes that Obama is a Muslim. But as I commented earlier, I can understand why people might say "yes" to a pollster asking if they think that he is, even if they don't believe he is.  The main point being that they might do so as a kind of "protest vote", because he has done things and said thing that are consistent with his being a Muslim.
I counted on that post about eight of his actions that were consistent with Islam, not with interests of the USA, or even the west.
Now Raymond Ibrahim shows us that many Muslims ("most", according to this article my Asma Gull Hasan) also believe that he is a Muslim. What are we to make of this?
Are we to become "Islamophobes" by pointing out to them that they're wrong, when in all other areas we can't point out they're wrong without being labelled Islamophobic?
Ibrahim also points out several new ways (since my 8, above) in which Obama has given Islam a "free pass".
Here's the story.