Saturday 18 August 2018

Ex-CIA Director Brennan Calls Trump's Denial of Collision With Russia 'Hogwash' - Sputnik International

Brennan Bleats..
PF here, saying: I was a senior official for the Australian government, with Top Secret clearance, until I left in 1997. When I left I had to sign documents that committed me not to reveal anything of a secret nature that I'd learned during my tenure and forfeiting my rights to further access to secret materials.
That's the way it should be.
Why should ex CIA Director John O. Brennan and a swag of other ex-officials continue to have Top Secret clearance?
They shouldn't.
But since he has had it, and it's now been taken away, he's bleating in today's New York Times that his "free speech" is being curtailed. [NYT article is behind a paywall, so here it is at Sputnik
Hogwash!
The only thing is that, as usual, the Trump administration has bungled the issue.  Instead of simply saying that ex-officials should not have access to classified materials as a matter of course, Trump has said it's got something to do with Brennan's ill will towards him.
Right move. Wrong tack.