Thursday 20 September 2018

Tucker takes on Democrat who wants Kavanaugh to withdraw | Fox News Video


I just watched this and I must say Tucker Carlson destroyed the democratic strategist, Christy Setzer. And correctly too, for she's trying to defend the indefensible: that a person can accuse another person of an attempted felony and not be willing to testify, let alone provide evidence. 
To the extent that there is any evidence it's not in favour of Kavanaugh's  accuser. Tucker Carlson missed saying that two people have now come forward to say they have no recollection of the party at which Kavanaugh is alleged to have tried to rape a 38-year younger Dr Ford. So that makes three saying "never happened". And one, the accuser, saying it did, but can't remember where or exactly when it happened or even how many young boys were alleged to have been involved. 
The whole thing is clearly, drearily political, 11th-hour nonsense. 

Why am I watching Fox? my leftish friends will ask. And the answer is: because I watch it for balance. For my daily news I watch, in order: BBC, CNBC, Fox, CNN. Rinse and repeat. 
it's all about finding out what the majority of the population is seeing, not just what half of the population thinks.  And I'm extremely clear on Fox's bias. Just as I'm clear in CNN's bias. It's obvious in both cases. And note that even with Fox in the mix it's still 3–1 Liberal vs Conservative. 
Of the four I'd say BBC is the most neutral, though even it has a tilt to the left. One thing I their favour is this: if you tackle them on an issue, as I do quite often via email to worldhaveyoursay@bbc.com, and if your point is fair, they will amend the story in the next cycle. Pretty impressive. From time to time they will when contact me by return and ask for clarification of some point. I classify that as responsibly responsive. 

If above link doesn’t work, try this