Thursday 4 October 2018

Tolerance: Not really a thing in Islam





We are told it is only civil to respect or at least tolerate other peoples' beliefs, even if you do not agree with them – a sort of "live and let live" attitude.  As a general principle, this position is admirable.  Yet there are exceptions.  A case in point is when people say, "Let Muslims believe what they want."  I strongly disagree with letting Muslims believe what they want to believe when they hold that I, as a non-Muslim, have no right to live.  Or if I am to live, I must live a subservient life to that of Muslims.  Wherever they are in power in the world, Muslims do everything they can to make non-believers' lives dreadful and deadly.
I don't tolerate the belief and practices of Islam, in the same vein as I reject fascism and all other exclusionary oppressive systems of belief.As they say, tolerating evil is not tolerance.  It is a crime.