Friday 15 March 2024

How is it I’ve only just now heard of professor Dan Schueftan?

Click above for the video
Dan Schueftan.

He’s pretty spicy, to be sure. And it’s easy to see how some will see him as a right-winger, even a “far right” or “nazi”. I find him refreshing. Even if I’m startled at his comments, later in the talk, about “liking war”, or his very stern comments on what to do about one’s next door neighbours. Or the quote above. Even though true....

But, overall, I call him a wise man, humorous, wise, direct. Robust. 

He used to be a senior government adviser in Tel Aviv. And remains so. 

He supports what I’ve long thought about Israel. In answer to people who say (and it’s very many people who say) that “the status quo can’t continue”, and I’ve said, yes, it can. In fact, given the circs, it’s the best. As for Taiwan, too, TBF. The status quo is the best.