Wednesday 27 March 2024

“U.S. has lost the race” | Winston Mok

Today’s South China Morning Post 
I’m posting this For The Record. To see how it stands up after a few years. 

Winston Mok quotes a lot of figures, many correct, a few incorrect, and some arguable. But I’ll be sad and chastened if in a few years, if I’m still around, I come back to this and find Mok was overall correct on the U.S. having “lost the race”. I don’t think so.  At least, I hope not. 

For I remain a Tesla bull. Elon Musk’s EV company has not only a range of Electric Vehicles - produced by comprehensively new technology— but also the latest Fully Self Driving software (FSD V12), which is unique to Tesla, is wowing customers and is near to taking a car unguided across the continent.  Tesla’s Optimus Robots will be integrated into Tesla production lines and then sold worldwide. Tesla Solar and Battery-storage technology is at the cutting edge and Tesla AI technology is melding all this together. To Tesla bulls, it’s more of an AI company than an EV company. 

Also: I wouldn’t count in Musk’s Tesla being “complacent” any time soon, as Mok suggests. 

Well,  “we’ll see…”.