Tuesday 5 February 2019

Dutch former anti-Muslim politician converts to Islam – POLITICO

Huh?
I just gotta file this under "Things I don't get".
I don't get how someone can read all about Islam and then say "yup, that's the religion for me!"
I mean, really, what has Joram Van Klaveren seen that I've somehow missed?
I've read the Koran.
I've read many parts of it multiple times and in multiple translations.
I've read swathes of the Hadith - the doings and sayings of Muhammad. And I've read the Sirah of Muhammad, the official biography of his life by Ibn Ishaq.
And I've looked, by Allah I've looked.... I've found not a single thing to like in these, the Islamic trinity. Not one. Just spine tingling violence and calls to arms. So, maybe, if you're that way inclined.....
What has Van Klaveren found? Why did none ask him this simple question? Because to do so would be impolite?
I don't know.
Hence : Things I Don't Get.