Monday 18 May 2020

Alaska Trip Day 10: Brigham City Utah → Jackson Hole Wyoming

Weather today in Brigham City, Utah, 18-23 C and partly cloudy.
Jackson, Wyoming: 7-23 C and fine. RH 30%.
[Remember: this is just a Virtual Virus Vacation. It’s what I had booked before had to cancel coz Covid-19]

Today is Mormon Country to Cowboy Country.
I’ve long wanted to go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, as it’s a storied ski place. You can ski easy runs or go down couloirs that’ll scare the pants off you. But the place itself if simply called “Jackson”, so I guess the “Hole”, is a little separate and refers to the ski area.  
I had us in here for all of four nights, as there’s plenty to do in the area: fishing, walking, treks, biking, horse riding, flight tours, and the Rustic Inn has us in a little cabin by a babbling brook. I’m expecting that it’ll be just like the brochure.  As good as it looks. I reckon. Here’s some reason to think so (sound ON).
By the way, I think it’s Wyoming where there is no speed limit on the roads, but I don’t feel like googling it right now.
High mountain country, crisp clear air this time of year. Snow still coating the mountain tops. High skies. Nighttime star wonder.