Tuesday 12 May 2020

Alaska Trip Day 4: Joshua Tree → Las Vegas

Sacred Sands to LA, via Chiriaco Summit. 5 hours. 

[Remember: this is just a Virtual Virus Vacation. It’s what I had booked before had to cancel coz Covid-19].

I’ve never been to Las Vegas. We’ve never been. A nice memory of it from the fun movie “The Hangover”.
I booked Trump International Hotel, just to troll. Troll who? I dunno. Maybe my family, my partner, old friends.... In any case, I thought, surely an experience. 
And an idea for what to do in LA, was one of the Law and Order Tours.
To be via Chiriaco Summit. Desert Driving. Nice. About five hours.
Not sure why I chose Chiriaco Summit for a side trip. Better check.

Description

“Chiriaco Summit is a small unincorporated community and travel stop located along Interstate 10 in the Colorado Desert of Southern California. It lies 19 miles west of Desert Center on the divide between the Chuckwalla Valley and the Salton Sea basin at an elevation of 1,706 feet.” Wikipedia
Hmmm… is this worth a detour? I can’t even remember why
I put it on the itinerary