Saturday 4 April 2020

Covid-19 virus update, 4 April

US studies show Wuhan lockdown cut world spread by 75%
Pic is lights in Central to thank healthcare workers.
We clapped and whistled…
Here in Hong Kong we had one of those “clap for the health care workers” events at 8:00 pm. Jing and I started it on our street, thought we were the only ones, then people came out on balconies and opened windows clapping and cheering. Corny, perhaps, but oddly moving. 
China today is doing a three-minute national mourning event, horns, sirens, flags half mast, etc…
Other than that, all good, thanks for asking! 
I’ve posted in various spots contributions from readers, for which again thanks! They’re just buried here and there…
Food security Asia’s next battle

My spreadsheet from figures at Worldometer:

My spreadsheet from figures at Worldometer 
Sadly, records continuing to be broken for new infections and deaths. A slight shoot of hope: the rate of increase of new infections is trending down. 
I’m hoping that the modelling figures I posted the other day hold true, for the US spike to hit in 15 April. Model from the Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation. Recommended by Bill Gates