Thursday 11 April 2024

“The End of Race Politics”| Coleman Hughes

Arrived yesterday, “The End of Race Politics”, the first book from the young philosopher, multi-talented Coleman Hughes, writer, blogger, musician, author. His instrument is the trombone,at which he’s national-level good. 

He was on The View, with Whoopie Goldberg  last week and destroyed Sonny Hostin in a clip that went viral. It's here. (Note how Joy Behar doesn’t know who Robin DeAngelo or Ibram X Kendi are. Which is amazing to me, as they are two of the key “anti-racists”… race grifters some would say. Even I, here in Hong Kong, have known about them for years).

And then Coleman was on Joe Rogan clip here. Full pod here.  Jimmy Dore here.

I've also written about Coleman’s Ted Talk, on the end of race politics, which also went viral. Here. Also click the “Ted” label below.

I've followed Coleman for years. From as far back as 2018. He's really a talented young man. (Search “Coleman Hughes” in the search box at the right. I’ve posted more about him than even I remember. It’s kinda surprising to me that, sitting here in Hong Kong, I know about this clearly consequential young man long before current affairs analysts, the likes of Jimmy Dore, Joe Rogan, the ladies of a The View. Weird, right?).

I've started his book. He writes clearly, crisply, elegantly. And has clear views about how the race situation in America can be improved. 

Coleman says: "Colourblind" does not mean "I don't see colour". 

It means trying to treat everyone the same, irrespective of their colour. 

It's a return to Martin Luther King Jnr's famous dictum: "don't judge people by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character". 

Sent from my iPad