Thursday 6 May 2021

“Creativity in Protesting Islamic Fundamentalism” | TEDx

Maryam Namazie
I’ve known the work of Marysm Namazie for many years, especially when I was interested in her One Law for All movement, which was fighting intrusion of Islamic Sharia law into the UK.

She’s still at it. Give her full marks for consistency and perseverance. 

She recently gave a TEDx talk in which her slides were censored from the YouTube record of the talk. Her talk remains, just not the slides. Pusillanimity abides. By TEDx, apparently, not YouTube. At least according to Dawkins where I came across this news. And who helpfully provides link to the censored slides. Dawkins’ tweet:


Thinking about it again, I wonder was it Ted or YouTube that censored? After all, there are naked photos of Namazie, and that’s not allowed on YouTube.. I mean the nakedness, not the Namazie-ness…