Sunday 25 September 2016

Why I (sometimes) watch FOX

Many of my mates and rellies say the “never watch” FOX, because it’s so “biased” and “conservative”.
But if they don’t watch how do they know?
Here in Casa ForsytheLee we watch a bunch of shows.
Our default, in the morning, over breakfast is BBC World Service.  They’re pretty good.
Then, after a bit, we switch to CNBC.  That’s a business channel and tells us stuff we think we need to know about what’s going on in the financial world.
Then, it’s one channel down to FOX.  Then one other channel down to CNN.
Thing is, FOX gives a view on the news.  On what’s happening. And it’s not always crazy and unhinged.  The opposite in fact.  Often you learn new stuff, that you wouldn’t have from the other channels.
As for presidential debates, it carries them more fully. Obama’s speeches are covered more fully than they are on CNBC or even CNN.
In short, the reason we watch FOX (sometimes) is that by doing so we get a fuller picture of what’s going on.
And there’s no doubt that CNN is just as biased on the Left.
Then there’s this: for all the “I never watch FOX” folks, I wonder how do you know that FOX is saying if you don’t follow it?
Anyhoo, I’d suggest that all folks ought to watch all views, left right and middle.
Watch: BBC, CNBC, FOX, CNN.
Read: NYT, WSJ, Guardian, Times, Daily Mail, SMH and Telegraph.
Read like a catholic: left right and middle.
ADDED: FOX is not racist or sexist.  Its presenters are a wide range about 50/50 gender-wise and diverse. I’m guessing about 50% POC. Fox is not anti science. It often has science segments. It particularly likes space stories. And FOX is not a climate change denier.
So there. That’s why I (sometimes) watch FOX. I may even have convinced myself to watch it rather more often …