Friday 31 May 2019

MacKenzie Bezos is going to give all her money to charity …


Coincidence: after our talk about MacKenzie Bezos the other day, that she's become the wealthiest woman in the world following her divorce from Jeff Bezos, in yesterday's news: that she's going to give it all away…
Quoting her:
"We each come by the gifts we have to offer by an infinite series of influences and lucky breaks we can never fully understand. In addition to whatever assets life has nurtured in me, I have a disproportionate amount of money to share.
"My approach to philanthropy will continue to be thoughtful. It will take time and effort and care. But I won't wait. And I will keep at it until the safe is empty. "
She was a key partner in the early success of Amazon and is a well-regarded published author. In short: a woman of skill and accomplishment.
Jeff Bezos says he is proud of her.