Sunday 5 May 2019

A bitter pill' argument for decriminalising drug trade | Spectator

Our home grown orchids 
I heard yesterday a Spectator podcast debate between Peter Hitchens, (anti) and Chris Daw, QC (pro) on decriminalisation of the drugs trade. I like Hitchens, but he hasn't his brother the late Christopher's fierce wit, and I thought he lost the argument. 
I find nothing pro and everything anti the so called War on Drugs. It's caused massive pain, death and unnecessary incarceration.  If legal, it would become a public health issue, as are alcohol and tobacco.
Here is Chris Daw QC, making his case for the decriminalisation of the drugs trade. 
I can't imagine that if I'm resurrected in a thousand years it will be to a place where the plod are still banging up folks supplying a product that people want.