Tuesday 27 October 2020

Who would have thought 8 million people would watch a guy cutting lumber?

I was watching this, having got caught up in a wooden groove. I built a wooden boat a few years ago, have built a few electric guitars and other bits and pieces out of wood, and so I’m a bit of a wood aficionado. So... wood. And got caught in the byways of the internet, as one does.

I was enjoying the series by the guy above, Fall Line Ridge, found it very relaxing to watch a guy ripping planks from a fine bit of fallen Red Cedar. I wondered how many might have watched it, thinking maybe 50k or so, but was staggered to find it’s over 8 million. I’m gonna bet pretty much all of them are guys. Not being sexist here, but don’t imagine too many women finding solace in milling lumber.  

Click on screenshot above, or else link is here. (For some reason the new version of Blogger doesn’t embed videos, at least for me)