Thursday 7 February 2019

Spectator - ‘Old flame'

My lovely new cooktop. Gas and induction 

LETTER TO SPECTATOR:
It doesn't have to be "either or". Either gas or induction for your new hob. 
Here's my near-new cooktop made up of three elements, both gas and induction. 
Left to right: (a) High-powered wok-style gas burner. (b) Induction hob with two "zones". (c) Two-burner gas hob. 
Dimensions of each is 20"x 12". 
You can mix and match. All major brands make modular cook tops. 
I've used ours for six months and very happy!
Mostly I use the gas, but it's nice to have the induction; one of its main benefits is that you can set the time to cook and walk away. Set and forget. And you can set very precise heat. And very low "keep it warm" heat.  
So while I agree with the article that going induction-only could cause regret, you don't have to go gas or induction. You can have both!

Pf, etc...