Saturday 15 October 2022

Mutti at Floriade, Canberra

 




Photos courtesy of Marilyn. My mother, aka Mutti, at the annual Floriade, Canberra’s spring flower festival. Marilyn says:

Just got back from picnic lunch, Floriade and afternoon tea at Regarra point with Mutti. She was amazing [she’s 101]: I hired an electric scooter and she manoeuvred through the crowds at Floriade and in the cafe at Regatta Point. Everyone was impressed by her age, skill and bravery. I think she’ll sleep well tonight.

My sister Anne was away [her birthday!], hence this outing with friend Marilyn. Thanks to Marilyn! Who adds:

As Anne is away I said I’d take her out and where would she like to go. She said Floriade (it finishes tomorrow) so I was glad we could do it. She was a bit apprehensive about the scooter - and I had to go in front of her with her wheelie-Walker so that she had that for getting off scooter …etc - but we went all over Floriade and then to Regatta Point for Devonshire tea. I so love spoiling her as she’s so appreciative and it’s such a joy to see her face light up with pleasure at small things. I get as much out of it as she does, I can assure you. XX