Sunday 4 August 2024

Germany doesn’t manage to “schaffen das"

An Occasional Reader from Germany writes about the problems there. 

A little while ago Sabine Hossenfelder, the theoretical physicist, writes about how bad things have got in Germany. This goes back to when Angela Merkel said “Wir Schaffen das” -- we can do it -- when confronted with the mass migration of middle eastern muslims to Germany. The result is the result. Which is not good. However, they will not learn, will not conclude that perhaps they ought to control illegal immigration, but instead keep on and blame the “far right” for any problems, which is not a “far right” but concerned citizens. 

Of which this, below, is one. An Occasional Reader from Germany, slightly edited: 

What a nice surprise to get your message. I am fine, working a lot to get all these migrants and asylum seekers paid. It’s really crazy. When you look at my gross income and my net. it’s 50 % gone. I am really pissed off. We pay as a solidarity community but for the wrong people and false incentivization. Did you read about the "Bürgergeld". Well you should. You get more pay if you dont work. It’s not only the cash but all the other stuff like apartment rent, health insurance etc that is being paid by the tax payers to the poor. No benefit if you work. Can you imagine. Germany sucks. 

The green party is so indoctrinated by their green idealistic views. In fact they crushed all house prices because of their idea of wrong heating system. In fact our home is more or less worthless because we heat with gas. If we would follow their ideas we would either have to rebuild the complete house or re construct the building for several hundred thousand euros to make it climate conform. It would be amortisized way after my death. Normal people cannot afford these costs. Actually nothing works in Germany, public  transportation -forget it, train- forget it never on time, like never ever on time and really expensive,  passport application takes 6 months etc. The worst the big German companies like BASF leave the country and nobody wants to invest. Too expensive labor costs, too high energy costs, too high restrictions, too much bureaucracy, not enough "Facharbeiter" but enough analphabets.The companies lay off people. Just today ZF automobile 14.000,00 people. And no more free spreech. Dare you if you have another opinion immediately Nazi. They dont distinguish. 

Anyway I cant help it. I am cocooning. I stay home,I dont travel as too crowded and expensive. Besides that this country is done, I am fine. I have my job, can do my living well, my family, my social environment, our family dog. I am happy.    

... I talk like the elderly dont I?