Tuesday 1 August 2023

Oh my, what an Ashes series! | It was a “Stress Test”

I’m one of those who had to turn off the TV in the tense periods of the current Ashes Cricket Test series in England and go to bed and only find out the results the next day after a long period of what the Chinese call “preparing my mind”: 思想准备 Sīxiǎng zhǔnbèi

It’s even that way for the final day of the final Test. When all results were possible: Australian win, England win, or Draw. 

I still don’t know though I couldn’t help seeing headlines “perfect finish for Broad” which is not good for Australia. 

I’m still “preparing my mind”.

Whatever: it’s been a wonderful Ashes series of Five wonderful entertaining Tests. 

Oh! And Happy 1st August. Army Day in China. 

It’s the 2nd August and I finally found out the results and Aaaaargh!