Sunday 27 August 2023

So, who won the debate? And how did my summary do?

Click above for the video of Nate the Lawyer

Nate the Lawyer, above, looks at the first Republican Primary debate, from Left (CNN, MSNBC) to Right (Fox, Newsmax). Interesting differences, even within camps. No overall (unqualified) winner.

Another good analysis is at National Review.  Which were a bit more like my hot take.

Compared to my hot take, I give myself a middling to not bad score. Maybe C+.

Most agree with me that Nicky Hailey and Mike Pence did better than expected. Generally agreed that Ron De Santis didn’t win didn’t lose. 

The main areas that I’m different: many/most of the media thought Vivek Ramaswami won. And that Tim Scott lost. I thought the opposite. Even I’ve liked Vivek for a long time; maybe why I downgraded him. Others were seeing him for the first time and found him invigorating. Which he is. He’ll be happy, I’d guess. Though here’s a thing: he increased his Positives. And also increased his Negatives by more than his Positives. So net/net, his negative score increased. 

Some say Trump won by not being there. 

More to come.  Ancora c’e da fare

Bari Weiss at the Free Press