Tuesday 6 July 2021

“Facebook, Google and other tech giants could stop offering services in Hong Kong if anti-doxxing law goes ahead in proposed form, internet coalition warns” | SCMP

Click screenshot to go to the article
This is not good. [Web Archive]
It approaches my "red line". On what it would take to have me move from here: no access to crucial internet info. I don't use Facebook, but billions do.
Google gives me blogger, including this blog and millions of others. It accessing that would be a significant deterioration in my freedoms. And that of my seven million co-residents.
Of course doxxing is hateful. Can they (whoever "they" is) work this out? A workable anti-doxximg law that satisfies our Big Tech Overlords?  [Link]
ADDED: Commenters are saying (i) it’s an empty threat, and anyway…(ii) get a VPN