Wednesday 2 November 2022

But…but… I thought Israel was an “apartheid country”!?

I see that in the current Israeli elections “the Arab vote is crucial”. Pretty weird ! In an alleged “apartheid state” the most critical voting block is the one against whom you are supposed to be waging apartheid!

Arabs sit in Israel’s Parliament, as do Christians, Zoroastrians and Jews. All are free to do everything the majority Jews do. Pretty weird “apartheid” state!

People calling Israel an “apartheid state” don’t know what apartheid is. I do. From direct lived experience. I lived in South Africa for one year 1967 when it still was, officially an apartheid state. I had run ins with the police because I talked to black Africans. I’ve been to Israel. It is not an apartheid state. People who call it that, do the equivalent of shouting “Nazi” at people they don’t like. Or “racists”, or “bigots”. Names they throw around to slander and disorient. 

Israel remains the only country in the Middle East with a broad representative parliament. You won’t find Jews in any parliament in any other country around it: not in Lebanon, not in Jordan, not in Egypt; certainly not in Islamist dictatorships, Iraq, Iran, Syria.

So, pshaw! to your “apartheid state” nonsense. 

By the way, I hope Bibi gets back in. LATEST: He’s leading