Sunday 25 June 2023

Lab Leak Theory confirmed

What gets me about this is that Fauci and the US government knew from the beginning that it was a Lab Leak from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV). They lied, lied, lied, from the beginning. 

And I feel like a chump. At the beginning someone asked me if it was a lab leak and I said “no”, because there’d been a letter in The Lancet, signed by 27 senior scientists, saying it was not a lab leak but zoonotic origin. And in those far off days of three years ago, silly me, I still believed in the authority of the Science and of the scientists to tell us the truth and of The Lancet to report the truth. But that letter, like so much since, was just balderdash. As I reported some time ago

All the scientists that signed the letter had conflicts of interest, none of which were revealed at the time. And the main organiser of it was Peter Daszak, who owned the Eco Health Alliance, which was the funnel for US government money into WIV, none of which Conflict of Interest was revealed at the time. 

That was the beginnig of the end of trust in people that I’d implicitly trusted all my life. To think that someone texting me, with something at the time I thought was just crazy conspiracy theory, turned out to be right, and me wrong!

That Lancet letter of February 2020 is worth some study. I’m not sure if any of the signatories, included Daszek, has been censured. I think not, in which case: shame. 

ADDED: today (25 June): report from AFP in the SCMP that the head of the US National Intelligence says there’s “no evidence” that one of the researchers at the WIV had Covid and leaked it out of the lab. 

That’s like: the body is on the ground, the gun is next to the body, the gun has the main suspect’s fingerprints on it, the main suspect is standing there with gunshot residue on his hands, the main suspect is looking pretty furtive ... and yet, because we didn’t actually see him shooting the victim, we “don’t have the evidence.” Right. Got it. 

The immediate past head of the CDC, Robert Redfield, testified to Congress last year that was likely a lab leak, quoting three things that happened in late 2019: (i) WIV was taken over by the Chinese military (ii) WIV scrubbed the database of 30,000 coronaviruses from its server and (iii) WIV ordered an emergency fitting of HVAC filtering equipment. 

Still: “nothing to see here, folks!”

Further: we have receipts that the NIAID, under Anthony Fauci, was funding the WIV, via EcoHealth Alliance, to do Gain of Function research at the WIV. In breach, I believe, of Obama-era restrictions. 

Meantime, the only other theory, that the virus is Zoonotic in origin, from the nearby Huanan Wet Market, has tested 80,000+ animals, with none testing positive. Not a one. By this time in the first round of SARS in 2002 (which I also went through here in Hong Kong), had found clear pathways via animals. 
As of today, the Zoonotic theory has this much more evidence than it had before:      
💤.............. 💤........💤