Wednesday, 5 August 2026

"AI Simply Explained In 12 Minutes" | Fawzi Ammache.

Somewhere, somehow, my devices must have decided that I’m a Luddite. That I need a lesson in AI. Because I expressed some worry over Artificial Super Intelligence. Hence the above in my algo.

Calma, calma, Forse. We’re not here to take over the human race. Watch the video. Relax, you wet-work human. 

My devices obviously don’t know about my “early adopter” history.

I bought an Atari desktop top personal computer in 1987. According to my Research Assistant, that was early days for Australia. We loaded up a game: Kings Quest IV, The Perils of Rosella. Fifteen 5.25” floppy disks. Fifteen! “Floppy disks?” say Gen Z, “wassat?”. It’s floppy, dude. Clue in the name.

We used to have things called Telex machines. Run by punched paper tape. Crikey! We moved to a hew gen telex machine with a little green screen. Wow! Then came fax. Remember them? Recent history. 

I supported, promoted, all these. I bought the first iPhone in Hong Kong in 2007. People thought I was silly. "What's with no keypad?" said our Xena crew when I showed them. 

I’m long Tesla and SpaceX. Pure, large, technical and AI plays.

Same with AI. I told our son, years ago, to get into it. User or loser. 

So… AI algorithm, no, I’m not a Luddite. Fie on thee!

But Artificial Super Intelligence? That bears scrutiny. As say some of today’s super intelligent organic beings. The likelihood of catastrophe is “”non zero”. According to them. 

So… maybe a New-Luddite?