Bill Maher, icon of the Left, lets rip about issues of Muslim immigration. “Integrate or self-deport”.
This is on the left-of-centre HBO network.
Note how his audience applauds his (negative) comments on Sharia law.
And Islamophobia. Which the late great Christopher Hitchens trenchantly summed up as: “a term created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons.”
I can link here to a post I made many years ago showing where and how the term “Islamophobia” was invented at a meeting of the Muslim Brotherhood and its affiliates.
I am myself an immigrant. In my case to greater China. In 1976 I went to Beijing. I studied Mandarin, wore Chinese clothes, had Chinese ration tickets, lived in a Chinese dorm, ate Chinese food, took a Chinese name (傅赛思), learned Chinese calligraphy, appreciated Chinese art, was absorbed by Chinese history. In short, I integrated. As much as I could. Chinese appreciated the effort.
I am grateful for that. I am grateful to Hong Kong for giving me the chance to be a full member of this society. Right down to being involved in local elections. Chairing District Council election committees and Village Owners Committees.
I’m grateful. That’s the point.
People finding refuge in America (and Australia, and Canada, and Britain…) should be grateful too. Instead of immediately making demands on the host society to submit to their ways and preferences. To demand their own laws.
Gratitude. A little goes a long way.