Wednesday 19 February 2020

I’m watching Amy Klobuchar

She’s on CNN, Live at a Town Hall in Las Vegas, the moderator Anderson Cooper.
I must say, she’s very impressive. Relaxed, composed and eloquent. Knows her stuff. Hits at Trump but doesn’t appear to have TDS. She’s not Hillary! She’s also not Bloomberg. Who is doing … what?… buying the nomination?!
She’s impressing me… and the crowd.
If it were Klobuchar v Trump I think I’d be voting K.
That’s me as an Aussie independent …

ADDED: She finishes with her “Five Rs” which she gets through without forgetting any (one can't help hanging for a Rick Perry “Oops” moment). On “Renegotiation” she says she’d Renegotiate to Re-enter the Russia Nuclear deal and the Iran Deal. Two points:  (1) I’m not so sure either one is worth re-entering and (2) no re-entering the TPP?
(And, by the way, I’m not sure it was a “Renegotiate” R, or if it was a “Re-enter” R. I can’t Recall. So many Rs aaaargh…)
But, all up? impRessive.

ADDED (20/2): Althouse is not so impressed. At least by her Spanish