Tuesday 8 February 2022

Joe Rogan and the ethics of apology | Sam Harris

 

Click above for vid 
My comment at YouTube vid: 
Welcome back Sane Sam! I had abandoned you coz views I considered driven by TDS not your “the facts, the data, the science”™. So I watched this with trepidation thinking perhaps you might join the anti-Joe mob. Phew. Not.
I’m of the view that neither Joe nor Spotify should have apologised, for anything. Because even if we agree we ought all be trying to accept well-meant apologies, there’s not the goodwill on the anti-Rogan Left to do that.

The mob is out to get Joe, not because of Covid misinformation -- that’s just the proximate excuse -- but because he’s a heterodox, iconoclastic comedian/podcaster, who has views on left and right, not always the “correct views"™. Some has said he replaces Trump as the target for a perpetually outraged woke-erati on the Left.