Saturday 26 February 2022

Crying and Baking

Crying to Pavarotti. Click above for vid.

It’s Saturday and the day we have our sit down meal. 7:00 pm sharp. Always me to cook. And choose what to cook. Tonight it’s a beef tenderloin, NZ-origin, that I’ve decided to cook a la Chef John, Roast Tenderloin with porcini and tarragon. Which turned out great.

And every time on a Saturday, as I cook, I fire up big Bertha, our super sound system, sometimes with vinyl, sometime CD, sometime YouTube, and tonight it’s Pavarotti with Zucchero, and I cry with its beauty. But how does Google know that I cry? To send me, via their creepy algorithm, a vid of Matthew McConanghy crying to Pavarotti. With comments that say “everyone cries to this”. I don’t know whether to be pleased or aggrieved. 

Still. Lovely music. Lovely beef.