I do not want more years because I am afraid of dying. I want them because I am not finished being curious, and curiosity is the one appetite that has never once shrunk with age.
That’s exactly how I feel. Even a decade older than Peter Diamamdis. I feel intensely curious. More than ever.
I want to see what happens in Space. On the Moon. On Mars. With self driving cars. With robots. With neural-brain networks. With Artificial Intelligence. With the just-launched Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope. With the James Webb Telescope. With Dark Matter and Dark Energy. With kids and grand kids, with rellies and friends.
I want to see all of that.
Today is not like more of the past. We’re in an age where one month, one week, one day… each moment has huge and amazing things happening.
Here, on this place, Earth, Carl Sagan’s “Pale Blue Dot”. We might be the only place in the universe with life and consciousness. The only place where the universe is conscious of itself. Or not. Are we Alone? I hope not. Maybe we’ll find out about that. Maybe the Nancy Grace Roman Telescope will. I’m curious.
I am atheist, so I don't believe in Heaven. I need to be here! On this amazing Earth. I need to be Corporeal. For a bit longer, at least.
Because, like Peter the Diamandis one… I’m not finished being curious.