Saturday, 3 October 2026

Temple of Heaven, Peking, 1977



From a recently found Kodachrome slide of Peking -- as it was then -- in the 1970s, when I first got there. 

The above is May Day 1977, just shy of a half century ago. I was very much taken by framing hard down, with little at the horizon, and lots of sky. A little too much so, in the one above, I reckon.

I converted the slide into a the digital above with Photomyne App. Not difficult at all, but couldn't have been done at all, just a few years ago. 

I'll post the occasional converted slide from the seventies, if and when there's a decent one. Most of them so far are pretty ordinary, tbf. Still, it's the seventies in Peking. An historical time. Mao Tse-tung's death. The earthquakes. The overthrow of the Gang of Four. The revival of Deng Xiaoping. The beginning of the transformation of China. It all happened then.