Tuesday 22 March 2022

What’s with the Case Fatality Rate by Age Group and Vaccination Status for HK?

 

Click here for the online chart
Note the age skew. Was always and remains, skewed to the elderly. 

Note the statement below the chart above: “About 10 times lower fatality rate for those aged above 60 and fully vaccinated”. Didn’t look quite right to me, just on looking at the chart. I did the figures: 

NFV = Not Fully Vaxed
So, the highest multiple is for 60-69 year olds, which is 8.88 times more likely to die, if one is not fully vaccinated (which I presume is triple jabbed). 
But the overall average is 5.82 times, nowhere near the “10 times” claimed by the HK government. This is not me being anti-vax, but it doesn’t help trust if the government is misrepresenting figures, which I think they are. If they have other data to support their claim of “10 times”, they haven’t shared it with us. I get why they’re doing it: to try to increase vax rates. But it doesn’t help if they’re lying.