Wednesday 22 April 2020

I remain a Lockdown Sceptic. And there are others....


I first came out of the closet as a “Lockdown Denier” (7 April), but now the term most used is “sceptic”. Sounds rather like a repeat of the climate stuff....
I got a lot of flack for “When will it end?” of 21 March, with people accusing me of having no respect for life, “blood on my hands”, suggestions that I was an “Anti-Vaxxer”(!) and -- all in caps -- “ONE DEATH IS TOO MUCH. PERIOD”. Which of course is nonsense, but then people have been scared into thinking that any, any policy is right to stop corona deaths, including the crushing of the economy. But I don’t think so. And other also don’t think so.
Peter Hitchens, the ex-Marxist and brother of the late ex-Trotskyist Christopher, says in the video above “it’s not the economy vs lives. It’s lives vs lives”. Given that the lockdown also costs lives -- depression, suicides, etc...
Toby Young has started a blog, Lockdown Sceptics.
And we three are in the most vulnerable group, the over 60s, me over 70. Men 62% of deaths.
The UK figures for deaths by age which I got just recently, are almost exactly the same as the earlier ones we had from China (which gives some measure of support for Chinese stats, at least on death cohorts). 80% of deaths in the over 70s and 93% of deaths in the over 60s:
This is pretty much the identical chart to the one I posted on 22 March, which was based on Chinese figures and where I said, “Ok, Boomer, time to stand up!”

Meantime conspiracy theories continue. There are truly some people whose brains are not working properly.  Maybe it’s the 5G.... (kidding... kidding!)