Friday 24 May 2024

“Revenge of the Normies” | Martin Gurri

Click above for the video
I’d come across the article by Martin Gurri a week ago, as Scenes From a Global Struggle, in Discourse magazine. It was then picked up by The Free Press as The Revenge of the Normies, and then on Sky New Oz, with James Morrow above. 

I’m a part of the elite. I can’t help it. It’s just where I’d be placed by a pollster asked me any background. But I’m a traitor to my class. I stand more for the working class, all the way from before Covid, but especially then, when I saw how the “laptop class” ruled and the poor business owners and wage slaves suffered. I’ve written a lot about that on this blog. 

It’s not me that’s changed, though. It’s the rest of the Left. That has abandoned the working class and now mocks it. A recent Oxford Union Debate with Nancy Pelosi shows just how much the elite, of which she’s a normative part, still think of them all as “Deplorables”. 

This guy, Martin Gurri, an ex CIA analyst, I’ve never heard of before, makes good points in his essay and in the talk with James Morrow. The “Normies”, that’s us Deplorables. 

They, the elite, believe they must always be in power. It’s “our democracy”. Biden reminds him of Jimmy Carter (who, btw, also said the 2016 election was “Illegitimate”).

This article also ties in with the one I’m posting tomorrow by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. [This one]